JOHANNESBURG, SOUTH AFRICA

Johannesburg or Joburg, as some may call it, is the largest city in South Africa. South Africa has always been on my list, especially Johannesburg and Cape Town. I've recently found a list on my phone titled "Places I want to travel to" from years ago and do you know what it said? "I want to visit South Africa". So here I am, fulfilling my dreams. 

When you visit South Africa, everyone says that one thing you have to try is the steak and local wine. Crew also love doing grocery shopping there because the fruits, veggies, meats and wines are soo good. 

I flew to Johannesburg with my friend, and let me tell you, having a friend on board makes a huge difference. We flew overnight so we got to the destination around noon. We wanted to visit the Safari&Lion Park so we scheduled a lift for 1pm. Luckily, the park wasn't that far away from the hotel so we got there in about 40 minutes.

The park is a home to 80 lions, cheetahs, hyenas, antelopes, zebras and many more. You can feed giraffes, take a picture with little baby lions and take a tour in a big truck around the safari which was the most exciting part for me. We saw wild animals in their natural habitat, we saw them being fed and running around. The whole trip to the park took about 2,5hours and I think it was so worth it. Even though I got bitten by a baby lion. 

After the tour, me and my friend went to do some grocery shopping as mentioned above and had nice dinner in the local restaurant. The steak was missing on our table but we didn't forget the drinks. A week after that, I flew to Cape Town, so another destination ticked off for me. Unfortunately the weather wasn't good, so I didn't end up taking any pictures there and we just wandered around. 

















1 comment